Followers

Thursday 22 April 2010

Aso and a baguely relevant observation from then

In advance: excuse the wierd phrases here and there. Translations provided at the end.

I would put lots of pictures in here but it's now almost half midnight and I can't be bothered to look up the HTML I need, so there. BUT, I will include one of everyone once we got to the top














_:_:_

OK, I was later than I planned to be writing this entry [procratintion 4TW*, righ?], but on the 17th [Saturday just gone], several of us took a trip to Aso.
Since I'd arrived in Kumamoto just over a month back *GASP ZOMG NOWAI DAT TYME ALREDII?* and heard about Aso, I had the idea that it was a mountain.

Apparently, it's not a mountain but a mountain town with 5 peaks.

There's

  • 猫山(Nekoyama aka Mount Neko)
  • 高山Takayama aka Mount Taka)
  • 中山Nakayama aka Mount Naka)
  • 杵島山Kishimayama aka Mount Kishima
  • 烏帽子だけEboshi-Dake. Now, I'm not sure whether Eboshi-Dake is just a familiar name or whether that's the proper name used without the 山 [I asum?], which was the one we climbed. Anyway, apparently this name translates to 'goose-barnacle' because of its shape.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day although I did get absolutely covered in mud.



And now for something that I hope is relevant......_:_:_

There was a couple among all of us who, judging by my very limited understanding of Oriental languages other than Japanese, sounded like they were Chinese. Although the furthest I ever saw them go was hugging, they were doing it a lot. This surprised me as I'd have thought that it'd be much less frquent than it was.
Not that I minded much. Just an observation.



* * * * *
TRANSLATIONS
* * * * *

4TW - For the win. Id est, a good thing.

*GASP ZOMG NOWAI DAT TYME ALREDII?* - (gasps) Ze Oh My Gosh/Goodness/God [whichever you prefer], No way! That time already?
Actions are often written in between asterisks by myself, thought I'm not the only one by any means.

1 comment:

Kirk Masden said...

Aso is a great place to go when the weather is nice. I'm glad to see you could all get out and enjoy the weather.